Talented Ghanaian artiste, Mr Putiti, has said that industry players in Ghana have taken up- and -coming artiste for granted.
According to him the music industry is retarding growth du
ANS. First off a musician, a producer because I make my own beat and engineer too. Music Technology and entrepreneurship, I am a chill and easy going person, always on positive vibe.
- HOW DID MUSIC START FOR YOU
ANS. Senior High School, I formed a rap group with a friend from junior high school,Rap actually started when I heard BUSTA RHYMES song DANGEROUS. My dad had massive collection of music from his world travels, so it may have started from infancy.
- WHY DID CHOOSE THIS GENRE
ANS. Well, I fell in love with rap when I started listening to BUSTA RYYMES, 2PAC and NAS. Especially NAS because he is very lyrical. I have delved into afro beat and fusion of rap and highlife because it’s indigenous music and represents us as African.
- AS AN ARTIST WHAT DO YOU THINK GHANA MUSIC INDUSTRY LACKS.
ANS. Well a lot
- Proper ways of monetizing our art forms and state of the art.
- Lack of financing, due to inadequate understanding of the music business
- Large auditoriums for performances.
- New artist are being taken for granted especially the upcoming ones
- WHO DO YOU LOOKUP TO IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY
ANS. Mr. EAZI and SHATTA WALE
- WHAT INSPIRED YOUR SONG
ANS. Inspiration came from many sources, but mostly, from listening and paying attention to my surroundings and people around me.
- HOW MANY SONGS DOYOU HAVE AND WHO PRODUCED IT
ANS. I have quite a list of unreleased music I produced by myself. I have also recorded “mixtapes” and a cover of KIZZ DANIELS FVCK YOU SONG challenge. Write all my songs and produced them as well
- WHAT ARE YOUR SONGS ABVOUT
ANS.LIFE, LOVE, things happening in our society, I also want to make music to educate and inspire. Use my music for change.
- WHO IS YOUR COMPRTITION? AND WHY?
ANS. I don’t have competition, I am in my lane, on mown level, I strive to perfect my self
- WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO ANYONE WHO LOOKS-UP TO YOU?
ANS. Keep learning, read more, expand your mind and don’t give up.. Every man dies but not ever man really lives… put in works, energy and have purpose
- WHO WILL CHOOSE TO DO A FEATURE WITH? AND WHY?
ANS. In GHANA almost everyone that does good music, because I think they all doing massively well.
Outside GHANA people like Mr. EAZI, WIZKID, OLAMIDE, NASTY C, AKA, BURNA BOY, CASSPER NYOVEST, DRAKE, AND J. COLE.. THE LIST IS LONG
- TELL ME ABOUT YOUR CURRENT SONG? WHAT IS THE SONG ABOUT AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THE TITTLE?
ANS. CURRENT SONG IS CHILL UP. It’s about things we aspire to do for fun, when we have money in our pockets.
- ARE YOU SIGNED UNTO ANY RECORD LABEL? AND HOW IS THE TREATMENT LIKE?
ANS. Well I am currently an independent artist in partnership with my manager and he is my business partner here. BIG MAX and his team has been the very instrument in bringing me this far. Am grateful to GOD for him
- WHAT IS THE DEFERENCE DOES IT MAKE TO BE SIGNED UNTO A RECORD LABEL AND BEING IN AN INDEPENDENT ARTIST?
ANS. Well as an independent artist you bear all the costs and rewards by yourself. It can be though if financially you are not stable and strong.
Being signed unto a record label sounds rosy but if you don’t understand the music business well you may not reap the benefits as required. It’s actually a game of balance, but in this days and age I think I myself and the team are ready for the world. You could do distribution publishing and merchandising deal salter with major labels later when you gain some clout.
(Source: Erica Arthur)
Source: Beenie Words