Nigerians are waiting for Valentines Day and it seems to be the only thing people can talk about. All this talk about love and plan-making can be depressing for single people who have no one to share it with, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are 5 things you can do on Valentine if you are single:
1. Stay in Your House: If going out and seeing all the happy couples has the potential to make you feel depressed, just stay at home and sleep. Lord knows we could all use some sleep with this Lagos stress.
2. Practice Self Love: If nobody will show you love or take you out, show yourself some love. You can go on a personal date, have a spa day, go wine tasting, get a pedicure and manicure, go shopping, or lick some ice cream. Just do whatever makes you happy!
3. Hang Out With Other Singles: You cannot be the only single person you know. Get all the other single friends you have to come together and you’ll party the night away. Chances are you will even forget you are lonely and single or that it’s Valentine’s day.
4. Catch Up: You can use the time other people are frolicking around to catch up on other pending stuff. If you have work, messages to reply, series to watch, books to read and you are behind, you may as well use the opportunity to catch up on them.
5. Be Kind To Other People: Nobody said Valentine’s Day has to be for only romantic love. Use this day to share the love with other people. Give to the less privileged or visit an orphanage, just make other people happy.
What’s important to remember is that it’s not a crime to be single, so don’t bother yourself about it, there’s always next year. But whatever you do, DO NOT CALL THAT EX!
This post first appeared on www.234star.com