If you live by yourself or with your parents, your crib still needs to feel like a home at the end of the work day. Coming home to an uninviting house can be psychologically draining and it could even have you feeling like you need to be somewhere else rather than your own house.
The remedy for this is to have great interior decor, which can be expensive. However, there are a few things you can do to give your house a unique look without spending a ton of money or stressing yourself too much. Check them out:
- Contrast is surprisingly elegant: From the walls to your furniture and other areas of your house, you can’t go wrong with contrasting colors. This often overlooked element has the power to re-energize a room and add a little bit of pizzazz.
- Consider walls in small spaces: If your room or apartment is not very big, you should consider the walls. You can fit a bookshelf or create an accessories hanger from shower curtain hooks and clothes hangers.
- Reupholster your furniture: Instead of wasting money on a new couch or chair, you can simply reupholster the one you already have. This is not only cost effective, you can also play around with it with new colors or designs.
- Create your own reading corner: You don’t have space for a dedicated reading corner? With N15K you can get a small bench and a small bookcase from your carpenter. Add in a throw pillow and you’re set!
- Add a colorful lightbulb: It might seem like a tacky idea but one or two of these can give your house a completely different vibe. It also creates a different sensation from the usual light bulbs – you don’t need to be able to see with it, but your crib should look that much more warm and homely because of it.
There are definitely many more hacks for giving your space a little bit of personality. Start with these suggestions above and stay locked on our social media pages for more ideas! If you have other interior decor hacks the people should know about, let us know in the comments!
This post first appeared on www.234star.com