You know how they say nothing is new under the sun and fashion trends always seem to return every few years (or decades)? Yep, we are in one of those times right now. A lot of 90s fashion trends are making a comeback and we are here for it!
We’ve made a list of fashion accessories that were the shit in the 90s that have made a comeback in 2019. Check them out:
- Crop Tops: These were a must have in the 90s – there were even male and female versions. Today, they have made a comeback and pairing them with mom jeans is the most common representation of that.
- Hoop Earrings: A staple of the 90s, if you wanted to make a statement with your jewellery back then, you got the biggest hoop earrings you could find. Now, they are back on the runways, on the streets and in jewellery boxes.
- Chokers: These were the edgy elements of fashion that pre-date the alte fashion scene of today. They came, and now come in all kinds of shapes, sizes and materials. You probably own one.
- Overalls: These haven’t that much of a comeback but we feel they are on course to make a proper return. You’ve seen all your favourite celebrities rock one at some point in the last few years. If you’re looking for that next level 90s looks, you need overalls.
- Flared Jeans: Also known as “boot cut” in the Nigerian lingo, flared jeans were the jean of choice for the 90s – long before skinny jeans became a thing. Today, they are back in style and they are perfect for daywear or a night out (if you go for a cropped look).
Do you remember wearing hoop earrings or overalls? Which of these 90s fashion elements was your favourite? Let us know!