The Chief Executive of Ghana Events Awards (GEA), Kelvin Kenneth has urged Ghanaians to watch out for the new initiative and creativity that this year’s awards would bring scheduled for 16th October, 2021 at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel in Accra.
He said the Event would bring about different activities, new categories, new location and great artistic performances which can make participants appreciate and love the event coming up soon.
Speaking at the launch of the GEA, the CEO said though though COVID-19 pandemic affected all Event organizers, some organizers performed very well in terms of observing protocols, creativity and organizing events in the country.
In terms of selection of nominees, he said, though they were faced with challenges and difficulties, it was done in three stages by the Board members, Academy and the public/ Event organizers based on the organizations set ups, publicity, technical hitches among others compiled together.
”During the selection period, the Board members, the public or event organizers and the Academy selected the nominees based on publicity, set up and technical background among others of the organization”, he said.
He noted that, even though GEA had previously awarded some organizations in the past three years, this year’s event has massive support from the media, sponsors and other organizations, adding, now other regions are also included in the nomination selection unlike previous when it was centered in Accra.
He added that GEA came into being to educate, support and teach Event organizers the best way to organize events and how to put in measures that would help achieve a successful events in this pandemic era in the country.
He called on Ghanaians to participate and vote for their favorite nominees using short code *365*300# on all networks.
He further mentioned that the categories are made up of 25 and 265 nominees which includes;
1. Best Events Venue of the year – Grand Avenue, Fantasy Dome, Underbridge, Event center, National Theatre, Accra Int. Conference Centre, The Savannah Venue and Snap Cinema.
2. Event Photographer of the year – Manuel Photographer, Rob Photographer and TWINS DNTBET
3. Event DJ of the year – DJ Vyrusky, DJ Aroma, DJ PHO, DJ Wallpaper and DJ Phletch.
4. Event MC of the year (female) – Naa Ashorkor, Shirley Tibilla ( Cookie Tee), Gloria Akpene Nyarku(Mzgee) and Berla Mundi
5. Event MC of tho year (Male) – Albert Aggrey (Abeiku Santana), Nathaniel Attoh, Jerry Adjorlolo, Johnnie Hughes, kpakpo Maxwell Justine (KMJ) and Ibrahim Ben-Baako.
6. Event Influencer of the Year – GH Kwaku, GH Hyper, Gamashie Blogger, Sammy Kay Media, Zionfelix, Nkonkonsa and Ronnie is Everywhere.
7. Event Entertainer of the year- Shatta Wake, Kuami Eugene, Medikal, Diana Hamilton, StoneBwoy, KiDi and Lekzy Deconie.
8. Regional Event of the Year –
Western Music Awards, Bono Ahafo, Ashanti, Eastern and Central regions Awards, Wine $ Dine (Love Affairs), AMBA festival, Volta Music and Ashanti regions Awards.
9. Youth Events of the Year – Youth Excellence Awards, Ghana Tertiary Awards, Ghana Social Media Business & Creative Arts Awards.
10. Emerging Events of the Year – Joint 77 xperience, the Love Affairs with Pat Thomas, Upper West Creative Arts Awards, Ovatime Christmas Party, Eastern family in the park with Fameye, Time Ghana Arts and Entertainers Awards and Ghana Social Media Business & Creative Arts Awards.
11. Events Hypeman of the Year – Berima Sean Bills, Kojo Manuel, Jay TYME, Sheldon the turn up and Abeiku Sarkcess.
12. Best Events Security of the Year – Asuavo Security and Eye 360 security
13. Best Company of the Year – XO-DUS Communications, Charter House, Global Media Alliance, Carbon AV, Glitz Africa, Think Mahogany and Genet Services.
14. Best Event Setup of the Year – Drive in concert with EFYA & OMAH Lay, Radio & TV Personality Awards, Adonko Next level Virtual Launch, Vodafone Ghana Music Awards, Sarkodie Rapperholic 2020, Sarkodie Black love Concert, Rhythms on DA Runway and Exclusive Men of the Year Awards.
15. Most Influential Events of the Year – Women in worship, Glitz Africa fashion week, Ghana DJ Awards, Vodafone Ghana Music Awards and Ghana Outstanding Women Awards.
16. Experiential Company of the Year – OST Consult LTD, Contagion, BTL Africa, Perception MGT. LT. GH. LTD, Oxygen Plus and ESQUAN.
17. Best Events of the Year – Ghana Women of the Year Honors, Exclusive Men of the Year Africa Awards, Women in Worship, 3 Music Awards and Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
18. Best Event Venue of the Year – Oasis Pool lounge, Gold Coast Bar & Restaurant, Garage Bar, Front/ Back – Accra and Bayview Village.
19. CSR Events of the Year – COVID-19 Heroes Convert, COVID-19 Virtual Concert, GhanaFest 32nd Virtual Concert and Mask4All Charity Against COVID-19.
20. Ghana’s Favorite Events Awards – Vodafone Ghana Music Awards, Shatta Wale Faith Concert, Asaase Sound clash, 3 Music Awards, Radio & TV Personality Awards, Ghana DJ Awards and Sarkodie Black Love Concert.
21. Most Prestigious Events of the Year – The Experience with Diana Hamilton, Ghana CEO Summit, Ghana Women of the Year Honors, Ghana Oil & Gas Awards, Ghana Club 100, Exclusive Men of the Year Africa Awards and Ghana Outstanding Women Awards.
22. Corporate Events of the Year – Ghana Mining Industry Awards, Chartered Inst. of Marketing Ghana Awards, Ghana Oil & Gas Awards, Ghana Business Awards, Diaspora Business Breakfast Meeting and Ghana Renewable Energy fair.
23. Best Virtual Events of the Year – Shatta Wale Faith concert, Samini Untamed Virtual Concert, Vodafone Ghana Music Awards, Kelvyn Boy Black Star Album launch Party, Sarkodie Black love Concert, Asaase Sound clash, Exclusive Men of the Year Africa Awards, 3 Music Awards and Joe Mettle the secret Place Virtual Concert.
24.Best Events of the Year – Ghana Women of the Year Honors, Exclusive Men of the Year Africa Awards, Women in Worship, 3 Music Awards and Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
Source: Beenie Words